Shraddha -

Thanx for the response.
Please see inline.

[LES:] True - but this option is at the control of the operator. They can
choose to set the I-bit or not.

> "In case of Interface Group Mode, if all the parallel links have been
> advertised
> with the Bandwidth Metric, The individual link Bandwidth Metric MUST be
> used. If only some links among the parallel links have the Bandwidth Metric
> advertisement, the Bandwidth Metric for such links MUST be ignored and
> automatic
> Metric calculation MUST be used to derive link metric"

[LES:] This sounds good to me - but I point out this is the equivalent of
always having the I-bit set - the only exception being when all links have link
bandwidth advertised.

> For the case you described where for different flex-algorithms are using some
> of the parallel links an operator can use below options.
>         > Option 1:
>         For flex-algo 128, which uses configured bandwidth metric, use user
> defined metric type 128 and flex-algo 128 to use metric-type 128.
>               For Flex-algo 129 use automatic bandwidth metric with G bit set.
>           > Option 2:
>         For flex-algo 128 use configured  bandwidth metric
>               For flex-algo 129 use automatic bandwidth metric.

[LES:] I do not like Option #1. I think user defined metric is intended to
allow the user to set metric values based on their own heuristics - not to
address this use case.
Option #2 seems consistent with the new text you proposed above - so this seems
appropriate to me.

In summary, I think the only open issue is whether to introduce the I-bit or
not. Doing so would provide some additional flexibility - but given the other
changes you propose I won’t insist.

   Les