Hi Paul,

First, allocating those code points would require an RFC.  Thus, it has the
same overhead as changing the registration procedure.

Second, the result would be a range of uncoordinated code points, which is not
what we’re after.  We do want to register and have unique code points for
experiments.

Third, we would very much like to have all of the IS-IS registries using the
Expert Review procedure. This is the only one that isn’t. Expert Review gives
us much more flexibility.