Speaking as a WG member.

The following text is in section 7.3:
"

   Implementations SHOULD NOT send
   multiple TLVs unless MP-TLV is applicable to the TLV and the amount
   of information which is required to be sent exceeds the capacity of a
   single TLV.  For example, when additional space is required in an
   existing TLV, as long as there is space in the TLV, information
   SHOULD NOT be split into multiple TLVs.  If there is no space in the
   current LSP to fit the now larger TLV, the TLV SHOULD be moved to a
   new LSP.

"
To me, as a developer, it is clear that MP-TLV SHOULD NOT be used unless
this TLV is too big to even fit into one LSP . If there is a configuration
knob, it has to be enabled.

However, I'm wondering whether the following text from Section 7.1 is
challenging to operators:
"

   Therefore, diligence is
   still required on the part of the operator to ensure that
   configurations which require the sending of MP-TLV for a given
   codepoint are not introduced on any node in the network until all
   nodes in the network support MP-TLV for the relevant codepoints.

"
Assuming an operator receives an alarm indicating that MP-TLV is triggered,
I think adjusting the configuration can be challenging. Please correct me
if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Yingzhen