Hi Bruno, Tony, Les and all,

I fully understand the concern about interoperability, and would support
approaches which can help to improve interoperability.

In addition to making the text more strict by using "MUST", I'd like to mention
other points which can help to mitigate the risk for operators.

In my view the main purpose of this document is to specify the usage of the
Multi-part TLV approach to a few existing TLVs which are likely to exceed the
limitation of 255 octets, such as TLV 22 and TLV 135. Although these two TLVs
are just described as examples in the draft, the specifications about their key
fields and the sending/receiving procedure are clear. With the new router
capability information and operator's control, their interoperability could be
achieved.

While for other TLVs as listed in the IANA with "Y" in the MP column, their key
fields and the procedure are not explicitly specified in this document. IMO
this leaves uncertainty on whether, when and how they will be implemented, and
this would increase the possibility of interoperability issues for
implementations which claim to support this document. And this cannot be
reflected by the new router capability information. Due to such uncertainty,
operators may choose not to use Multi-part TLV even for TLV 22 and 135.

Thus if the purpose of the document is to promote the usage of Multi-part
approach for TLVs which already show the needs, maybe it is better to narrow
down the scope of this document and focus on the specification for a smaller
group of TLVs.

Best regards,
Jie