  David> On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 09:52 -0500, Narayan Desai wrote:
  >> So far, this discussion has largely focused on per-entry
  >> reversibility, but this is actually the smaller part of the
  >> problem. The next step is to have some confidence that the client
  >> configuration is actually representative of that client. This
  >> involves the use of heuristics, so it will never be perfect.

  David> You lost me there. What exactly is your definition of
  David> 'representative' ?  Are you talking about having all the
  David> information and metadata to rebuild the client from scratch ?

Yeah, basically. Now, since heuristics are involved, there are corner
cases that don't always get caught, but if the heuristics turn
something up that isn't reflected in the specification, if will
_definitely_ be a problem when the machine is rebuilt. or the service
needs to be moved, or whatever.
 -nld