Hi all,

I have been dealing for a long while with the nfs message:

nfs: server 192.168.0.1 not responding, still trying

At last I found the reason why. It was due to an ipchain command in the
firewall that is:

ipchains -A output -f -i $LOCAL_INTERFACE_1 -j DENY

$LOCAL_INTERFACE_1 here is eth1

this rule denies fragmented packets to be sent. As many packets are fragmented
it does not work!!

A lot of sweat for something very simple ... as usual

Thanks for the concern of those who helped me.

Cheers

Jacques

--
Dr. Jacques B. Siboni mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
8 pass. Charles Albert, F75018 Paris, France