Thanks for that Jim.

I have just installed the latest kernel packages 2.09pre2-5.

Now I am getting to this point.  I think the fundamental problem is the
No such file or directory which is staring me in the face.  The root
directory has to be mounting or else it would not be running the linuxrc
script.

Excerpt from client screen:

Running /linuxrc
Mounting /proc
linuxrc: Installing natsemi driver
insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.5-ltsp-1: No such file or directory
insmod: natsemi.o: no module by that name found
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

Any idea?

Cheers