Ok, after reading the latest "how to" on PXE using Etherboot, as well as all
the messages here - I'm once again attempting to make the LTSP project work
in our Windows 2000 environment.

All of the clients I'm working with have PXE built into their existing BIOS.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is this; Can I use our existing
Windows 2000 DHCP server to issue dynamic IP addresses from a pool of
available IPs, rather than hard-code static IPs to specific MAC addresses of
clients?

We have several locations around the country, all on different subnets.
(For example, our corporate HQ has all the internal machines behind the
firewall set up as 1.254.201.xxx addressing, while our Cleveland, Ohio
location has 8.254.201.x addressing.)  The locations can only communicate
amongst each other by going through a default gateway.  Ours is
1.254.254.254, and Cleveland's is 8.254.254.254, etc.

For my purposes with LTSP, I'd like to have only one RedHat Linux server
that serves the X environment to the clients, running here at corporate HQ.
We have a DHCP server running Windows 2000 at each of our locations which
will give clients the proper address and default gateway info so they could
talk to my RedHat server.

The first thing I did was disable the DHCP service completely on the RedHat
box.  (Is there any reason I can't do this, and just use the DHCP services
on the Win2000 machines?)
Then, I tried adding additional options to the scope on our Windows 2000
DHCP servers, such as "Option 067, Boot File Name:  /lts/vmlinuz.ltsp" and
"Option 066, Boot Server Host Name:  chqlinux"  (the name of my RedHat
server).

Still, the clients seem to be unable to do anything when they try to boot
via PXE protocol.  They just report "no image available to boot from" and
skip past the PXE boot sequence.   The tftp service seems to be properly
configured and running on my RedHat server....

Can anyone tell me if what I've described is workable, or am I going about
this all wrong?
Thanks!

Tom Wyrick