If anyone is interested in getting floppy and CDROM support in the ENBD
so thin-clients will work with these devices while running remote apps,
read on...  :)  This e-mail is from my boss.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [ENBD] Removeable media support]
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:56:24 -0500
From: "Jeremiah T. Moree" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jason A. Pattie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To LTSP enthusiasts:
  We would like to pool together resources to fund some enhancements to
the Enhanced Network Block Device.
We have spoken with the developers of that project about adding
removable media support (such as CDROM and floppy).  This would allow us
to use these devices transparently on Application Servers from thin
clients.

We are willing to put in $300 to start the pool.  We would like to raise
at least $1000 for this project.  It would then be paid through a
working contract with a university in Madrid, Spain.  Peter Breuer would
perform the work.

Any takers?
JT Moree
PC Xperience, Inc.

I'll do the hack for removable
resources for a $K plus anything else you can squeeze.  I already did
enough to see the end of that particular tunnel.  If you like, the uni
can handle it via the usual research contract.

--
JT Moree
PC Xperience

--