Hi,
  I am developing an installer for Linux Redhat 7.1 .
I have copied the kernel image to the floppy using the
following commands.
   # fdformat /dev/fd0H1440
   # dd if=/boot/vmlinuz of=/dev/fd0 bs=1k
  I have the root file system in a primary slave
harddisk. So I transfer the control to the hard disk
using the rdev command as follows:
   # rdev /dev/hdb1 /
   # rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/hdb1
  I have set the floppy rootflags in read mode and
that of root file system in read write mode.
   # rdev -R /dev/fd0 0
   # rdev -R /dev/hdb1 1
  Now I boot from the floppy and the control gets
transferred to the root file system on the hard disk.
But after init gets started, I get the following
errors and the system hangs:

  INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
  INIT: respawning too fast:disabled for 5 minutes
  INIT: no more processes in this runlevel.

My inittab file calls the /etc/rc file in which I set
the hostname. Then I spawn the mingetty process. I
dont use /etc/rc.sysinit file.
   I will be thankful if somebody could help me out in
this issue.
   Thank you in advance

regards
Sowmya T V