Phil,

That's one of the problems with using the kernel-space dhcp client.

The newer versions of LTSP, 2.09pre4, using user-space dhcp client,
and you can specify the IP address of the NFS server in the root-path
entry of dhcpd.conf.

Just set the value of the root-path to:

     "192.168.0.1:/opt/ltsp/i386"

Hope that helps,