Hi

> First, I'm running LTSP 2.07 - please don't tell me I need to upgrade to
> 2.09pre2. I just got everything else set up and working.

Are you running local apps?
If NO then nothing ever uses the local ws time.

If YES then run timed which will keep the local ws synced to the
server.
I think rdate does the same thing. (don't know what time server it uses)
I think ntptime is a bit heavyweight, but also does the same.

> How do I set the time on a network booted node? I can't run the 'date'
> command because there's no superuser. I can't put it in the rc.local startup
> script since there's no way to get the current time.

Why no superuser? eg from my /tft../ltd/../etc/inittab
1:35:respawn:/bin/sh -login
How about telnet?

> Also, when I run 'date' on the network booted node, I get the following:
>
> Thu Sep 27 09:57:03 /etc/localtime 2001
>
> Now the /etc/localtime doesn't exist. I tried copying the /etc/localtime  on
> my boot node to /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot/etc/localtime and that makes it
> display EDT instead on the network node, but the time doesn't match the time
> in the BIOS.

/etc/localtime must be the "localtime" file (which sets TZ) ie for Perth
I use a file that says GMT+8
BIOS time depends on UTC or localtime. If UTC then biostime+TZ = wstime.

> Ultimately, I'd like to have the network nodes have the same time as the
> boot node. My application is dependent on the time being the same.

Clearly differenciate time and timezone

08:00:00 Perthtime is 00:00:00 GMT
James