Hi there,

  I have been doing some investigating of the printing on the client side using 2.09pre3. I am unable to print to the machine and I believe this mainly due to the fact that the /sbin/ltsprtd isn't running.

I have the following conclusions from my terminal (client).
1.  The /sbin/ltsprtd isn't running in the process list using ps.
2.  The modules parport, parport_pc and lp aren't loaded when I do a lsmod on the system.
3.  I have corrected number 2 by running it manually and it does find the printer.
4.  However, when I go to run /sbin/ltsptrd --type P I get the following error back:

short_dev=lp0
Inside of server()
Inside of open_printer
Done opeing printer: /dev/lp0
Error calling getprotobyname() Socket operation on non-socket
bash-2.05#

5.  I did a man getprotobyname and it mentions about netdb.  Is this a clue?

Cheers.

Anyones help is appreciated.

-- Clayton Rogers