On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:08:42 +0100 (CET) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Godfried Duodu wrote:
> > The problem now is with  the mouse. I am getting  a fatal server error:
> > Cannot open mouse ( no such file or directory)
> > I have used various designation for the X_MOUSE_DEVICE=  such as
> > /dev/ttyS0 or  /dev/mouse or /dev/cua0. I still get the same error
> > message.
> > I  have run Xconfigurator using the same mouse to generate my XF86Config
> > file. Any suggestions?
>
> Seems to me, that loading the serial module is not invoked as it should
> be with your settings.
> Did you try MODULE_XX = serial to force loading of that module?
In my case X start but mouse cursor like "frozen" - movement
is very slow and strange :(

lts.conf:
*
[ws001]
    X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL    = "MouseSystems"
    X_MOUSE_DEVICE      = "/dev/ttyS0"
*

XF86Config:
*
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "MouseSystems"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
EndSection
*
 With the same config lines and mouse all work fine on
the other PC. Any suggestions - welcome.

core, kernel: pre4
x-binary: Debian woody (unstable)

PS: about other problem in separate thred. :)
--
 VEL-RIPE
 ICQ UIN# 3159256