If all the money has to filter through one entity, we will deal with that when the time comes.  Let us know how the payment needs to be arranged.

Peter T. Breuer wrote:
"Jeremiah T. Moree wrote:"
We now have pledges for $1075 US dollars plus 25 C for the addition of

The 25C sounds nice right now (it's cold, and C = Centigrade here).

Well done! You have made a good job out of it.

Removable media to the ENBD project.  There may be some addition funds
available as well from the same pledgers.

Peter,
If you are still willing, please setup the contract for working on
the removable media support for ENBD through the university. Once it is

OK .. I have to go and talk to the dept. that manages such things in
any case. Be aware that they will charge VAT (17%, I believe) and then
will charge me tax on anything that isn't equipment. But I think it's
worth it in order to set up the mechanism and show it works.

setup I would like for all the pledgers to send checks /money orders or
whatever you want for payment directly to you.

I think it doesn't work like that. I'll go talk to them. They get all
legal about it. Either you or I can set up the contract and the
statemeht of work. I'll send you an example from a previous project
now.

Please respond to all on this message and let us know what your plans are .

I'll be happy to do it (or arturo garcia, a coauthor, may, when he
finishes a current project at christmas).

I set up quite a bit of infrastructure, to the point that it works on
my floppy, but doesn't cope with changing sizes on the remote resource.

It also won't notice if you change a floppy really fast, because the
other kernel doesn't notice (without supermount patches) that the media
has changed. I got the server to make it take a look every second when
the server is idle, which helps it out, and narrows the window to 1s.

But I can imagine circumstances where taking the floppy out while
streaming data from it at a slow but steady rate may extend the blind
spot, as things are.

I seem to have done a successful port of enbd to the 2.5 kernels, by
the way, but they are changing fast.

Peter

--
JT Moree