Hi everyone,
I meant to send this out a few days ago, but caught up in work stuff...
but anyway.

I was thinking that if there's a crew of LTSP folks at Linux World in
New York City month, that it'd be fun to get together and go get
food/drinks/whatever and chat a bit.  As a New Yorker, I'd be happy to
find a place and make reservations, but to do that, I need to know who'd
be interested.

Now, time for full disclosure:  In my work life, I work for an
organization that does technology assistance to grassroots groups around
the country.  There's a bunch of us doing this work, and there's
actually a pretty sizable group here in the new york.  Many of us have
recently been trying to move towards using linux as a daily OS on the
desktop to see if it's something that would fit the needs of the groups
that we work with, and a few of us have been working with LTSP to
evaluate it's strengths, weaknesses, and overall TCO, in trying to
determine if it's a solution that would work for the groups that we work
with.

I say all that just to put out there that while I'm really interested in
meeting folks from this list and putting faces with name/email
addresses, there's also an element of self-interest in that I think
Linux in general and LTSP in particular has some serious implications
and promise for the work that I do, and I just wanted to put that out
there.

Having said that, if folks do want to get together, I'm not at all
invested in it being formal, work like or not fun.

  So if you're game, please send me an email letting me know
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

hope to see some of you next month

-arif

--