Hi DK,

I am using LTSP 3.0. on Mandrake and I encountered the same problem. It automatically
uses xdm as the
display manager.  I am not sure if this is ok for LTSP, but in my simple setup my
workstation was able to use
KDE and have not experienced any problems yet. This is just from my own experience,
the guys at LTSP
may know more about it.... ;-)

Assuming you have not 'fiddled around' with any of your LTSP scripts yet....Back-up
your /etc/inittab file.

In your /etc/inittab file, towards the end *comment* out the line that says something
like:

x5: respawn:/etc/X11/xdm -nodaemon

and,

*uncomment* the line that says:

x5:respawn:/etc/X11/prefdm - nodaemon

This is your original KDE display manager before installin LTSP programs.

If it does not work use your inittab backup.

regads,

phil

vcare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> quoted last 12/29/01 7:44:05 PM as follows: