Martin,

thank you for the hint with the old etherboot EPROM.
My version was really old (4.2.9), but i din't think, i had to change it.

You asked, where the 'run_dhcp=1' comes from.

It's created from the templates for the dhcpd.conf file. I've seen it in
suse.sh and in redhat.sh:

# Sample configuration file for ISCD dhcpd
#
# Don't forget to set run_dhcpd=1 in /etc/init.d/dhcpd
# once you adjusted this file and copied it to /etc/dhcpd.conf.
# TARGET=${SOURCE}

Thanks
Walter