On Wednesday 23 January 2002 9:54 pm, Jim McQuillan wrote:
> Nick and Dave,
>
> If Dave is getting 'unable to open console', it is likely
> because he isn't mounting the correct root filesystem

I was

> has created his own custom kernel and didn't include the initrd.

Hole in one Jim.  I'd a custom 2.4.x kernel for my 3com MBA NICs in my old
P75s.  These boxes have been totally gutted, no HD, no floppy drive, I'm even
thinking of stopping thr PSU fans soon, even though we can get 40°C here in
the summer.  I couldn't test with a floppy, so I just used the old kernel.

Now I've imggened your kernel we're up and running.

Now I must sort out the HP Vectras with their Matrox onboard video and we
will be really running.

--
Dave Cotton
Avignon France