On Thursday 24 January 2002 2:26 pm, Arne Vidar wrote:
> ok I have read the guide http://www.ltsp.org/documentation/keyboards.txt
> but still no norwegian keyboard for the clients.
> I am using redhat 7.2 and LTSP 3.0.
>
> could anyone tell me how they have fixed this problem?

I've not used RH7.2 but use LM8.1, to get French keyboards I just changed the

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Keyboard0"
       Driver      "keyboard"
       Option      "XkbLayout" "${XkbLayout:-"fr"}"
EndSection

from "us" to "fr" in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.setupx

and

# Setup Keyboard and Mouse info
#

XkbTypes=`   get_cfg XkbTypes    "default"`
XkbCompat=`  get_cfg XkbCompat   "default"`
XkbSymbols=` get_cfg XkbSymbols  "fr(pc104)"`
XkbModel=`   get_cfg XkbModel    "pc104"`
XkbLayout=`  get_cfg XkbLayout   "fr"`

from "us" to "fr" in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.setupx3

I can then use all the special key sequences such as ^ followed by o to give
ô and " followed by e to give ë etc.

Hope this helps as I don't have a scandanavian kb layout to test.
--
Dave Cotton
Avignon France