I've checked my /etc/exports.  It is as follows:

#
## LTS-begin ##

#
# The lines between the 'LTS-begin' and the 'LTS-end'
were added
# on: Tue Jan 22 14:39:35 EST 2002 by the ltsp
installation script.
# For more information, visit the ltsp homepage
# at http://www.ltsp.org
#

/opt/ltsp/i386
192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(ro,no_root_squash)
/var/opt/ltsp/swapfiles
192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(rw,no_root_squash)

#
# The following entries need to be uncommented if you
want
# Local App support in ltsp
#
/home   192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(rw,no_root_squash)

## LTS-end ##

So what else can I try?

Allan Mitch

  --- Jim McQuillan <[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 Allan,

 The root directory that the workstation
 wants to mount is in /opt/ltsp/i386

 We moved it there for LTSP v3.0 to make it
 more FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standards)
 compliant.

 So, make sure in your /etc/exports file you have
 /opt/ltsp/i386 listed.

 It was the 2.08 and older versions that used
 /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot

 Hope that helps,

 Jim McQuillan
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Allan Mitch wrote:

 HELP!

 I'm getting the following message from the

 workstation during bootup (my ltsp server is
192.168.0.10):

   Running dhclient
   Mounting root filesystem: /opt/ltsp/i386 from
 192.168.0.10
   (null)mount: nfsmount failed: Bad filenumber
   NFS: mount program didn't pass remote address
   mount: Mounting 192.168.0.10:/opt/ltsp/i386 on

 /mnt

 failed: Invalid argument
   Error  failed to mount the root directory via

 NFS!

 I've looked high and low for some reason of the
 problem.  There has been a couple of mentions
 that this type of error could be caused by a missing
 or empty /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot directory.  When I
 check my server there is no /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot.  I
 only have is two files within /tftpboot/lts, the 2
 kernel files.  The /ltsroot is missing entirely.
Should
 I have something in/ltsroot? If so, what and how do
 I get it there?

 I'm using Mandrake 8.1 with LTSP 3.0 rpm
 packages.

 I've downloaded the kernal rpm twice thinking
 that maybe the package was incomplete, but the dl
file
 has the same file size as listed in Sourceforge.

 I've confirmed that NFS is running and
 /etc/exports is correct.

 Allan Mitch
 Aspiring Linux Wannabe