On Monday 28 January 2002 09:01, Mark Howe scribbled:

> The good news is that the java chat site now seems to work OK. The bad news
> is that flash works fine on the server with netscape 6.2, but blows up
> netscape on the ltsp terminal (it completely freezes, although, unlike
> 4.xx, you can at least kill the process). I am using

> Does this make any sense to anyone? Can anyone hazard a guess as to what
> the issues might be? Or suggest a forum that deals with such issues? Does
> anyone have a recent version of netscape or mozilla running via ltsp?
>
> Any help appreciated,

   hmm, It makes sense to me, I think. Flash needs access to the sound card.
Only 1 application may used /dev/dsp at a time any further attempts will
block, hang, if improperly coded, like flash.  I have had a number of
problems with audio applications segfaulting on ltsp due to the preloading of
libaudiooss.so . Anyhow my guess is that you are having audio problems.

--
Neil Brideau,
Software Wizard,

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what value there may
be in owning a piece thereof.
                -- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"