Onsdag 30. januar 2002 11:07 skreiv du:
> > The kernel starts loading then I get the:
> > "crs error"
> > and everything stops
>
> You too huh ;-) One of my machines does this first thing in the morning,
> but seems to be happy if I let it warm up for half an hour. As far as I can
> work out, the message means that the kernel got scrambled somewhere between
> the server and the terminal's ram, but why this should happen beats me: if
> the hardware is failing, I am surprised it gets as far as it does!

I have found a few links, but it is very technical.

http://www.ross.net/crc/crcpaper.html
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8659/crc.htm
http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/LINK/F_crc_v3.html

It seems to me that it might have somthing to do with a checsums.
As far as to my knowledge, this is often caused by memory fault.
I will try to change RAM or videocard.

Olav