Sitat Adrian Kuepker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> The only thing we require is that the cards be commercially
> available, fairly
> inexpensive, and works well with the floppy boot images. We're a
> small
> 2.5-person IT staff at a very busy homeless shelter in Seattle, so
> ease of set
> up is paramount for the hardware.

3c509 are very good NICs, there must be millions of them in use and should be quite
cheap. Just be careful of the variant with PnP, you must turn off the PnP feature if
you get those (I think they are called 3c509b, but check with the 3com web site).

> We already have our terminal server up and running quite swimmingly,
> but the
> combination of NICs and drivers has been our only problem.

Most modern PCI cards will work fine, and then you don't have to  the
option-128/option-129 thing in dhcpd.conf. The kernel will find the right driver and
insert it. These cards, however, are more expensive.

--
Mvh Ragnar Wisløff