>Technically speaking, you could have Etherboot load Etherboot load
>Etherboot load Etherboot etc. etc. (depending on how many different

[Rest of Jason's wonderfully detailed and correct analysis snipped.]

Sigh, it's so hard to keep a nice hack secret. :-)

Etherboot loading Etherboot was originally hacked in for testing
Etherboot on new NICs, but it's good to see another good use has been
found for it. I love recursion.

Thanks for that documentation, Jason.

For the record, option-128 is there as a signature. Options 128 and
above are vendor defined so we don't want a totally unrelated option-129
from another DHCP server to confuse Etherboot (mknbi:first32 actually).