We used Duron 800 CPUs, with 256M RAM, most of the cases we
already had, but we bought some for $40 but there was nothing
special about them.  Total cost for the workstations (without monitor)
was approximately $175.

We used Thermaltake Volcano 5 coolers.  They were $19 and were
pretty much the most quiet we could find at 31db.  They run really
cool, so we plan to see if we can cut the fan speed to cut the noise
more.

The setup worked with no problem according to the LTSP manual,
except for sound.  We used esd instead and it works fine.  PXE
booting worked fine.

Performance is great, we can't see any difference between a terminal
and logging into the server directly, in general.  We do have a 100M
network.  Sound is clear as a bell.

Anyway, we are very happy with LTSP.  It allowed us to put more
money into our server which gives up much higher performance
then we would have gotten with the same amount of money spread
over 10 independent workstations.

Joe