Yes, but it depends on the 486 ( a 26Mhz cpu or a 100Mhz). I have been
able to run a hp 486/66 as a terminal, a compaq 486/26 with 12 Mb ram but
not an identical compaq 486/26 with 4Mb, so I think taht 8Mb is the
minimum requirement. Just remember that  486 were shiped with 1Mb of
video ram and this will restricted resolution/modes taht you can use.