> I've been completely unable to get the screen to turn off... I've loaded up
> your version of rc.setupx and made changes to the lts.conf and still
> nothing.... it'll blank the screen just fine, but it won't turn off the
> light...

Richard,

Have you tried playing with the settings in the BIOS? If not, check out
the post entitled "How I finally got backlight to blank in RH 7" on the
I-Opener Technical Stuff BB at at www.linux-hacker.net. The BIOS settings
in this posting worked for me.  Hope the url for the posting doesn't get
mangled.

<LI><a
href="http://www.linux-hacker.net/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&amp;Board=technical&amp;Post=2046&amp;Idle=&amp;Sort=&amp;Order=&amp;Page=&amp;Session=";>I-Appliance
 BBS - How I finally got backlight to blank in RH 7</a>

Good luck! Hope this helps.

Jesse McDonnell