Hi there,

I've fixed the problem and it comes down to one of two things.  I installed
the RPMs on a fresh RH7.2 install and didn't reboot the computer after
installing the rpms.  I think this is the most likely problem however one
other thing I changed was that I had set the eth0 to use 192.168.0.1 and
ltsp was trying to load from 192.168.0.254.  I haven't got time to check
out if the conflicting eth0 setting was the problem or if it was all down
to rebooting after installing the rpms.

I know it should have clicked with me seeing as how the rpms included ones
affecting the kernel, but I guess when I'm not in Windows land I don't
automatically think of rebooting when installing software.  This also
started all of the services that weren't started that I startedby following
through the trouble shhoting guide.  Maybe it's worth putting a note at the
end of the server setup to say that restarting the machine is nec?

Anyway, problem solved thanks for you thoughts.

cheers,

noel