Hi,

I have an LTSP setup at my school. We have some 486s which have Cirrus Logic
GD5428 cards on board, and also some Trident TVGA 9000 512K cards. I have my
X server set to XF86_SVGA in my lts.conf file, but my terminal gives an
error like

***Device found but display mode cannot be resolved***

Fatal Server error:
No Screens Found

How can I get my onboard and ISA cards to work properly??

Secondly on my ,machines with S3 PCI cards I set my lts.conf file's XSERVER
entry to "auto". My terminals will try to display 1024x768 but some of our
monitors can only run 800x600 max. So how can force the terminal to run at
800x600?
I have tried "X_MODE_0 = 800x600" but it makes no difference, but when I set
"X_MODE_0 = 640x480" I will get a 640x480 display . Strange!

Many Thanks,
Stephen