I have a Demolinus version from a while back (2.0 I think) and it could do
anything.  You specified the language to use when you started up, so there
were no problems except that SO5.2 was in french.  You could also create
anchor and swap files on the hard disk, which stored your configs and allowed
you to install packages, as well.  The "install" option never worked for me,
though.  I think the project is dead and they are still at that 2.0 release,
with KDE 1.1
Dan