Marvin,

Either you are missing the gdbm.h header file, or it is not
where metermaid is expecting to find it.

on my Redhat7.2 system, I have 2 gdbm.h files. One is
in /usr/include/gdbm.h, and the other is /usr/include/gdbm/gdbm.h

On your system, do a 'locate gdbm.h' and see where it is.
you may need to modify the #include in the metermaid source,
or add a '-Ixxxxx' to the makefile, to tell the preprocessor
where to get the gdbm.h file from.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]