Jason,

Well, I suppose anything is possible.  It just depends
on your level of understanding in how to get it done.

I've had similar thoughts about hanging dumb terminals
off an LTSP workstation.  You would need to setup
mgetty to listen on the serial port and accept a
connection. Then spawn login to get the user
logged in.  Then, figure out where the users home
directory is going to sit.

Let us know how it goes,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]