Jeff,

It totally depends on which display manager you are running
on the server.

For XDM, take a look at /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers.  There
should be a line in there that starts with ":0 ".  Just
comment out that line.

I think KDM uses the same file that xdm uses.

GDM uses /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf.  Scroll through that
file, and you should be able to see where an Xserver is setup
to start.  Comment that out, and you should be fine.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]