I wonder if anyone produces a rom card which could hold the dhcp code
?.  Some plug in IDE cards used to have their own bios..  Maybe someone
in the group might have time to experiment with a PCI prototype board
?.  Maybe even me, as that level of hardware is fairly familiar to me.
This would solve many problems.

Regards
Shane