You need to add a couple of lines to your dhcpd.conf file to define the nic
card

Depending on what version of dhcp you have.

This is a snippet from the quick install how to found on the ltsp webpage

Start Snip

ISA Network cards
The LTSP kernels can automatically detect the network card, if it is a PCI
card. If it is not, then you have to specify which network card driver to
load. And, some ISA network cards also require an IO option to be passed to
the module.

You can specify the NIC driver and IO address by adding an entry to the
individual host section of the dhcpd.conf file. Here's an example for a
workstation with an NE2000 network card:

    host ws001 {
        hardware ethernet     00:E0:06:E8:00:84;
        fixed-address         192.168.0.1;
        filename              "/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp-6";
        option option-128     e4:45:74:68:00:00;
        option option-129     "NIC=ne IO=0x300";
    }
There is a very important thing to notice about the example above. The value
specified for option-128 is NOT a mac address. The value e4:45:74:68:00:00
is a special value that Etherboot requires. If it is not there, or is
something other than the value above, then all of the other extended options
will be ignored by Etherboot.

Also, if you are using ISC dhcp, version 3.0 or above, then you need to add
a few more lines near the top of the dhcpd.conf file, to define the types of
values that will be specified with option 128 and 129. The last 2 lines of
the following fragment show how they should be specified:

option domain-name-servers    192.168.0.254;
option domain-name            "yourdomain.com";
option root-path              "192.168.0.254:/opt/ltsp/i386";
option option-128 code 128 = string;
option option-129 code 129 = text;

End Snip

Good Luck