Timo,

There's a part in the rc.local script that is trying
to detect what kind of video card you have so it will
know which Xserver to load.  It does that even if you don't
want to run X.

So, take a look in rc.local.  Search for 'vidlist' and that
should put you into the area that does the detection.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]