You have to make sure of a couple of things

First make sure in you dhcpd.conf you have this at the very top

use-host-decl-names on;

this makes it so that the name you type in your host declaration is passed
on to the client so it knows its name.

then later in your dhcpd.conf you have say this

host ws001 {
        hardware Ethernet xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
        fixed-address 123.456.789.34;
        filename "/name of file to download";
        }

this directly corresponds with the name you use in the lts.conf file

so if you wanted to change video options of the machine make sure the
section you edit if for the host name

ws001

not WS001

not Ws001

then you have to make sure your editing the correct lts.conf file

the file you need to be editing should sit here

/tftpboot/lts/ltsroot/etc/lts.conf

I know there is a sample one or a different one somewhere in the
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc I've played with it before and it doesn't affect anything

Matt