Hi all!

in case you dont read the rest of the mail:
did anyone try LBX together with xdm/kdm/gdm ?

Scott Middleton wrote:
> X -broadcast
> or
> X -query <host or IP address>
>
> in my case i like to have a local session and a remote session so i use:
> X -broadcast :1

right. that's how to get a login from the server & a complete
desktop from the server.

you can also have single windows/applications from a remote Server
on you local desktop:

c> xhost +SERVER
c> ssh SERVER
s> xterm &

or maybe

c> xhost +SERVER
c> ssh SERVER
s> export DISPLAY=CLIENT:0
s> xterm &

>     Also how could ltsp be used to run terminal to a
>     remote office, or home user computers.

the normal X11 Protocol is a bit bandwith-hungry,
but every XFree86 can also speak "LBX" - Low Bandwith X
so you dont have to use anything on the Clinent-side.
On the Application-Server you need to have an lbxproxy running.

I did not try LBX together with xdm/kdm/gdm yet,
I only used it to export single  windows/applications.

Greetings,
Martin Herweg