Ake,

For 486's, i've been getting alot of reports that the initrd
isn't being loaded in RAM properly.  This seems to be a problem
relating to mknbi-linux.

mknbi-linux version 1.2-5, it seemed to work fine, but the
latest LTSP kernels were tagged with 1.2-7, and many 486's
are having trouble.  I've been trying to track it down,
before sending mail to Ken Yap or the Etherboot mailing list,
because I'd like to provide details, and I don't have a 486
to test with.

Once it fails, if you could hit the Shift-PageUp key and
scroll all the way back to the beginning of the boot process,
you should see where it reports the size and starting address
of the initrd ramdisk.

If you could copy down the memory map that print out, and
send them to me, that would be helpful.

Please start with the first lines after the long stream
of dots.  It should start with 'mknbi-1.2-7/first32.c'
I need to see about 19 lines, up through the 'Kernel command line:'.

If everyone having trouble with booting 486's with the latest
LTSP kernels could send me that information, I can begin to track
down the problem.

Thanks,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]