Sheilafel,

If you are getting the 'VFS' panic, that probably indicates
there was a problem with installing the initrd in memory.

Press Shift-PageUp, and scroll back through the boot messages.
Way up near the top, you should see where the memory map
is, and you might see some messages about the initrd.
See if you see an error up there, possibly explaining what
is wrong.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]