It works much better with linux. I have used on connections as slow as 64k
with almost no performance hit(with compression set to the highest).

I use it  to get to all my ltsp servers from my laptop (windows) and from my
linux desktop.

 I would use it to get to them from home, but I'm not sure how good of an
idea it is from a security standpoint (Probably no worse than my windows
terminal server having the ica ports open to the internet).

-jeff