> The VIA C3 CPU is not distributed in NZ, so I am trying to import
> one myself for testing. If there is any interest on the list, I
> will report my findings.

I've tested the Via C3 on board this mother board from Via
http://www.pcwave.com/prod-m787clmr.html#newrelease

The C3 have an small noiseless fan on the top. It need it because
when I stop the fan for an hour or two the C3 chip comes very
hot but remain stable.

I had problem with LTSP in graphic mode
but well and accurate in telnet mode.

I found this board fantastic at an affordable price $ 170 can
or $ 103 us (it's include the board and the C3 chip).

I have the same problem to find a silent small power supply
the smallest I found is the one included in the V24 Shuttle computer
nearly 1.5" x 3" x 7"  but a noisy 2" fan.

> A local manufacturer is willing to make up a fanles micro-ATX
> power supply, but insists that I have to specify the current
> requirements for each voltage line (+12v -12v +5v +3.3v).
> When I get the VIA C3 chip I will get angineering friends to
> put ammeters between the powersupply and the board while
> it is running.

May this help for your power solution
http://www.via.com.tw/jsp/en/products/VInternet/Mini-iTX.PDF

Michel