Not sure if anyone here has examined this product yet, but check out:

http://www.expandnetworks.com

One of my co-workers recently saw a demo of this product in action.  They
set up 5 or 6 users trying to share a 56K modem connection to a Citrix
Metaframe server.  Of course, it was pretty much unusable - with 2 systems
not even making it past the "Connecting...." screen.  Then they turned on
the Expand Networks box, and all the connections started moving along at
quite usable speeds after a little bit of lag time.  (The box apparently has
to "learn" the type of traffic moving through it and adapt to it.)  Then
they added a couple more users and things kept working!

This might be a great solution for Tarantella users too.  It's not Citrix
specific...  Just an intelligent network caching device that gets placed at
both ends of your link.