Dne Tue, 14 May 2002 01:23:20 +0200
BzF <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> napsal/a:

Dne Mon, 13 May 2002 12:54:50 -0500 (CDT)
"Jeff Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> napsal/a:

> Has anyone tried setting up a 386 or 486 with 8 megs of memory or less
> as a dos vnc client to a ltsp server?  I have thought about this and
> wanted to try it for some time, but I havent had the chance.
I saw running 486/66/8MB RAM with dos vncclient - but it was terribly slow,
when my friend added another 8MB RAM and tried it with ltsp it worked fine.
The only advantage of using vncview was that it was possible to use
resolution 800x600 instead of 640x480 as with ltsp (it is quite common
problem with older isa video cards - I tried 3 diferent cards, each had
1MB of RAM, under windows they work at 800x600 without problems but under
linux they were working only with resolution 640x480 :-( )
Just now I tried on my 'testing' machine - 486DX4/75(in fact it is 100MHz,
but without active cooler I run it at 75MHz)/16MB RAM - ltsp works fine,
wncview is slow.
And another issue - for those of us, which use non-iso8859-1 charsets exist
problem that there are 3 different main encodings - standard iso (which is
used on linux :)) and two used in microsoft's products - one for DOS and
another for windows. So it is much easier to use ltsp than vncview.
Regards
BzF