----- Original Message -----
From: "John_Cuzzola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Katsonis, Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 12:39 PM
Subject: RE: [Ltsp-discuss] poweroff command does not really power down th e
pc!

> On Wed, 22 May 2002, Katsonis, Dennis wrote:
>
> > But when you issue the powerdown, doesnt it run in the server?  I
shouldnt
> > think that the LTSP kernel makes a difference.
>

> *** That's true, it would only have an effect if ran locally :)

You mean that a pc can poweroff only booting from local HD. If it boots from
a remote server, it
will not really poweroff anyway. Or, it is related to Advanced power
management in kernel.
I compiled the kernel with power management, but without Advanced power
management.
If  it works, which items will be on in Advenced Power Management?

Sincerely,

Ying-Nan Chen

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fo Guang University  Computer Center

160, Linwei Rd., Jiashi Shiang, I Lan Taiwnan 262, R.O.C.

TEL:886-3-9871000 ext.11920

FAX:886-3-9874810