On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 12:22, Ken wrote:
> Positive. I actually have both in.ftpd & in.tftpd and they both say they
> point to proftpd.

Ok I will clear up the confusion here. The link to tftpd is wrong and
should not point to proftpd. Firstly, proftpd is a a ftp server program,
when you ftp a program from a site this may the the server program at
the other end, there are a number of ftp server daemons and this is one
of them. tftpd is a totally different server (trivial file transfer
daemon) a little insecure, but simple, which is why it is used to
tranfer the Kernel to the diskless client. in.tftpd is the program to

Hope this helps