Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] How to make a diskless ws with built in LAN
motherboard?
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:25:56 +0700
From: Daniel Bo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> As there is no socket for a eprom, how can I make a diskless ws with built
> in LAN motherboard? Thanks for advice in advance.

Is the motherboard old or new?  If it is new (and really even if old) I would
suggest looking for a bios update.  Often they convert an onboard LAN into a
PXE bootable choice in the Bios settings, instead of a hard disk.  And when
my HD failed, and nothing was left, it went straight to network boot.