I know that LTSP is linux-based.  Is there something like a Windows counterpart of the
project?

We are doing this for research purposes.

Also, can i ask for information about the minimum server requirements of a server that
can be used to serve 40 workstations.

Furthermore, what are the specs of machines that can be used as workstations (read:How
old is old?)

Thanks.  Any help greatly appreciated. :)

Outgrown your current e-mail service?
Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus