On Sun, 02 Jun 2002 04:59:09 -0500, "Rock s" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am running a 1.1 gigz dell with redhat 7.3.  I got the dhcp running and
> tftp running.  I got the client to get the ip addy and it starts to hook up
> then it just sits there no screen is coming up.  I have alot of traffic from
> the to computers the hub lights are flashing very fast.  Anyone have an idea
> on what i am doing wrong I tried different configurations and see that it
> causes problems so I changed it back and still can not get it.  If anyone
> has any ideas I would be happy to try anything to get this to work.

    Well, find what the traffic is, for one thing.  Software that's good for that
would be Trafshow (console, real-time traffic watching), ethereal (GUI based
grabs-absolutely-everything close to real-time traffic auditing).  And if you're only
interested in seeing how MUCH traffic goes where, (and have a 3d card) there's
etherape.

    All these things are available via apt on apt.freshrpms.net. (No, for Redhat
machines) or your local mirror...

Brian Fahrländer              Linux Zealot, Conservative, and Technomad
ICQ  5119262
AOL: WheelDweller
Yahoo: WheelDweller           Me: http://www.kamakiriad.com/aboutme.html